Visual3D Game Engine Forums | Development Tool for 3D Games & Simulations with C#, .NET, VB, and XNA
Username: Password: Retrieve lost password

Members: 20,650 | Total Threads: 1,880 | Total Posts: 13,362   

Visual3D Game Engine Forums | Development Tool for 3D Games & Simulations with C#, .NET, VB, and XNA > Visual3D Features & Usage > Terrain & World Building » Multi tile map issue

Old 02-13-2012   #1
Aranor

Default Multi tile map issue

I am working on a multi tile map. I tried to make a 10X10 tile map and the system didn't like it so i reduced it to 5X5 (25 tiles) and was able to use it. I gave them locations in a grid pattern to make a square. After doing so I made a basic outline of my land mass which can be seen here
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...estmappic1.jpg

Since the terrain tab only lets us work on 4 tiles at a time I took this screen shot in terrain editor mode showing what I had done
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...estmappic2.jpg
Upon building the BCM and it putting me in design mode I got this (in both design and run mode)
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...estmappic3.jpg

It looks like the tiles were moved around like a toy puzzle. Is it possible the X,Y coordinates I gave the tiles changed during the build?

The version I am using reads 9.0.0 even though I have removed it and downloaded 9.0.1 numerous times.
Aranor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012   #2
josh_sg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor View Post
I am working on a multi tile map. I tried to make a 10X10 tile map and the system didn't like it so i reduced it to 5X5 (25 tiles) and was able to use it. I gave them locations in a grid pattern to make a square. After doing so I made a basic outline of my land mass which can be seen here

Since the terrain tab only lets us work on 4 tiles at a time I took this screen shot in terrain editor mode showing what I had done

Upon building the BCM and it putting me in design mode I got this (in both design and run mode)

It looks like the tiles were moved around like a toy puzzle. Is it possible the X,Y coordinates I gave the tiles changed during the build?

The version I am using reads 9.0.0 even though I have removed it and downloaded 9.0.1 numerous times.
That is some screwed up sht. You should post the errors logs.
Old 02-25-2012   #3
Aranor

The other problem is there are no errors after reducing the amount of tiles I used. It performed the GCM build without any issues. (Though still have to build 4 tiles at a time)
Old 02-25-2012   #4
josh_sg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor View Post
The other problem is there are no errors after reducing the amount of tiles I used. It performed the GCM build without any issues. (Though still have to build 4 tiles at a time)
That is interesting. You should send this to support@visual3d.net and they can make changes and work with you on the tiles. It is great that it works though for you.
Old 03-02-2012   #5
Kudesnik
Visual3D Developer

Please, let us know:
1. What is the size of the height map for a single tile?
2. What is the type of the height map for a single tile (png, tiff, dted, dem, etc...)?
3. For what types of terrain, this defect is present (Geometry Clipmap, Regular Grid, Irregular Grid)?
Kudesnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #6
dmitry.s

Please, provide detailed STR. I can not reproduce this bug.
dmitry.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #7
Kudesnik
Visual3D Developer

In the new version of V3D this defect is fixed.
Old 03-02-2012   #8
Aranor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudesnik View Post
Please, let us know:
1. What is the size of the height map for a single tile?
2. What is the type of the height map for a single tile (png, tiff, dted, dem, etc...)?
3. For what types of terrain, this defect is present (Geometry Clipmap, Regular Grid, Irregular Grid)?
The size of each tile was default. 1094? I will double check tonight when I get home. For this particular map I did not import any heightmaps. I made the entire thing by mouse in the terrain editor. (I have a map but can not import it across multiple tiles thus did it by hand 4 tiles at a time)

As for what terrain types I am not sure what you mean. All I have is the ground elevated to 2 heights. 30 meters for above water and 0 meters for below. Again I will double check those tonight.

Edit: Tile sizes are 1024

Last edited by Aranor : 03-02-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-20-2012   #9
Kudesnik
Visual3D Developer

Try the latest version of V3D. Also, if the height map is still imported, I would like to see the contents of log files.
Old 09-22-2012   #10
Aranor

I am updating V3D now. Last I tried I had the same problem. I will play around with it again this weekend and send updated screenshots.
Old 09-22-2012   #11
xeonx
Visual3D Lead

Hi Aranor,
Thanks for trying that out again, I look forward to looking over those logs.
You can post here as attachments or else email to support@visual3d.net
xeonx is offline   Reply With Quote