Visual3D Game Engine Forums | Development Tool for 3D Games & Simulations with C#, .NET, VB, and XNA
Username: Password: Retrieve lost password

Members: 20,650 | Total Threads: 1,877 | Total Posts: 13,358   

Visual3D Game Engine Forums | Development Tool for 3D Games & Simulations with C#, .NET, VB, and XNA > Off-Topic > Artist Alley » Content from Renderosity

Artist Alley Don't dabble with programming? Here is a place for the right side of your brain.

Old 01-08-2011   #1
josh_sg1

Default Content from Renderosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by najak View Post
BTW -- one of our developers worked on DAZ stuff today -- and fixed a few more bugs! The dancing victoria is now almost a perfect match-up!

DAZ Studio is hard to use, in ways, but if you only use it as a pipeline for existing content -- then it can be like gold. It's easy and accessible to do some pretty amazing things, pretty fast.

I'll post some more screenshots of the comparisons between DAZ and V3D to show the near 100% match that we're now achieving.
There are a lot of great product at renderosity.com http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bc...wProduct=83798

They are like $35.00 USD to buy the models .

You can message the artist about game licensing .

Ad birds and make the flags swing dynamically with the wind and you have a excellent demo and it only cost you $10.00 to $35.00 .

All the objects are interior. I own a lot of content like that .

It is poser and obj model content.

Last edited by josh_sg1 : 01-08-2011 at 04:57 PM.
josh_sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #2
dr_bernie
Official Beta Tester

Daz content is indeed very good for level nuilding. I agree with you that Daz Studio isn't very easy to use and requres a lot of figuring-out.

If you are interested in building cities, have a look at this level that I built with another game engine for which I also have a developer license:

http://www.dxstudio.com/forumtopic.a...6-1d8eb5f25aec

I would very much like to build this same city with V3D, although the vehicle models are all in .X format, so it's very important for me that V3D introduces support for this format in the near future.

BTW, how did you manage to upload such large pictures directly here? I continuously got a 'V3D database error' message when I was trying to upload my screenshots.
dr_bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #3
josh_sg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_bernie View Post
Daz content is indeed very good for level nuilding. I agree with you that Daz Studio isn't very easy to use and requres a lot of figuring-out.

If you are interested in building cities, have a look at this level that I built with another game engine for which I also have a developer license:

http://www.dxstudio.com/forumtopic.a...6-1d8eb5f25aec

I would very much like to build this same city with V3D, although the vehicle models are all in .X format, so it's very important for me that V3D introduces support for this format in the near future.

BTW, how did you manage to upload such large pictures directly here? I continuously got a 'V3D database error' message when I was trying to upload my screenshots.
That is Excellent bernie. Now if only you can copy the exact lighting from the daz scene. I can work on that with you if you would like. I would add a blue ish fog and copy paste the jet script, put it on a path, and make the model appearence a flying car. I would also suggest copy pasteing the volumetric lighting everywhere to make it appear like steam and clouds. I do not know, I have a lot of amazing 2d effects mabey I can render a 2d effects and paste the picture into a 3d sprite like format. If we can do that, I can design over 50 custom explosions, steam, and water effects. a lot fo other.

So spice up the scene , you have any of the high end sci fi buildings? I have them. Not all of them. Do not know if we can contribute these with the licensing available . Anyway I can work on the .X.

I can work on that .X converting . I had to work with .X format on another game engine and it sucks. There is a way to convert .X models to a .3ds format . The animations do not convert. The buildings are not animated so that can work. I do not even know if the texture converts. I can try and figure that out so we can get that working and explain how to do it .

The pictures I copy the link to the picture and paste it using the picture link tab on the Advanced Post Editor.

Direct .X Format To 3ds Max Format .

You can use Milk Shape 3d to import Direct .X files .

If I can find a way to import bones and animation I can post it. I have like 500 animated FPS files from another game engine in .X with hands and bones and everything. Would be nice just to edit around v3d with all of it.

FPS Creator has amazing FPS content. You can buy a animated weapons pack with all sounds and 3d models needed to design a fps game like CS Source. The sounds suck.

People of forums say to work with True Space 3d to import .X files .

So there is
Milk Shape 3d
True Space 3d
PolyTrans - Best method but costs money unless your into trials etc.
Direct .X SDK - only converts .X to 3ds

Polytrans
This import converter reads in ASCII and binary DirectX (.x) formatted files. Mesh data (with vertex normals, vertex uv texture coordinates and vertex colors), materials, texture references, hierarchy and object animation are all imported. In addition, vertex weights used for mesh/skeleton deformation skinning are imported and can be played back or re-exported via PolyTrans.

I can buy that.

All the formats it can import are here.
http://www.okino.com/conv/filefrmt_3dimport.htm

Last edited by josh_sg1 : 01-10-2011 at 11:30 AM.
josh_sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #4
dr_bernie
Official Beta Tester

Thanks josh for the comments.

Actually my preferred format conversion tool is 'Ultimate Unwrap 3D' (http://www.unwrap3d.com/u3d/index.aspx). It does a very good job at that. But I believe that the X, as well as FBX formats should be natively supported by V3D. This is in fact mentioned in the statement of goals(http://www.visual3d.net/)

I think once a production quality V3D is released we can start working on some community projects. I am very open to that. I do have 4 sets of Dystopia blocks: 2 free sets, and 2 others that I bought from Daz web site. I do also have many other Daz contents that I purchased during the last couple of years.

On a side-note, the DX Studio game engine, with which I designed the city, probably doesn't have all the bells and whistles that V3D has, especially when it comes to rendering capabilities and particle system (V3D's particle system is superb, but I hope they will still improve on it).

But where DX Studio shines, is its extremely well-thought, super-robust, super bug-free editor. It has extremely well-polished editing tools. In particular its alignment tools, although quite simple, give you all the necessary features to very accurately and seamlessly align 3D objects to each other without having to use any 2D views from top, left, right or such. As a comparison, I tried to align the same blocks in a demo version of Esperient (http://www.esperient.com) and it turned-out to be very difficult, nearly impossible.

I admit that I have not used V3D's editor a lot yet, but I hope that it is (or will be) as easy to use, as bug-free and as well-thought as DX Studio's.

Last edited by dr_bernie : 01-12-2011 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Wording
Old 01-12-2011   #5
najak
Visual3D Lead Developer

Visual3D Beta7 does support FBX format, and offers even better support for COLLADA (DAE) than ever before. Most modeling programs provide for one or both of these export formats. Right now, COLLADA is our best supported format (DAE extension), even surpassing our support for OGRE .mesh formats in many ways now.
najak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #6
dr_bernie
Official Beta Tester

Quote:
Visual3D Beta7 does support FBX format, and offers even better support for COLLADA (DAE) than ever before. Most modeling programs provide for one or both of these export formats. Right now, COLLADA is our best supported format (DAE extension), even surpassing our support for OGRE .mesh formats in many ways now.
I think that ideally a 3D game engine should support natively .3ds and .obj formats for static meshes, Collada and FBX for animated meshes.

Native support for .X is necessary if the engine is to support Micrsosoft technologies (which is V3D's case).

Native support for BVH motion files is a huge plus.

For other formats I don't think native support is that necessary. An alternate solution would be a plugin for a file format conversion tool such as polytrans (http://www.okino.com) or Ultimate Unwrap 3D (http://www.unwrap3d.com).

BTW Ultimate Unwrap 3D Pro already has a .mesh plugin for Ogre. I did not test it with V3D, but it means that designing a plugin to interface Ultimate Unwrap 3D to V3D shouldn't be that hard.
Old 01-13-2011   #7
najak
Visual3D Lead Developer

Excellent ideas dr_bernie. We also do support OBJ formats for Beta7, but not sure about .X. Right now, we don't have support for FBX animation, but plan to add this support in the future. I agree with your assessments.

Processing raw BVH would be nice too. MOCAP is a rapidly growing trend, and we want to be on board by making it especially easy to work with this data directly.

In fact, we are currently working with a client who requires us to work with MOCAP data directly, and so we're making headway along these lines right now.
najak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #8
dr_bernie
Official Beta Tester

Quote:
Excellent ideas dr_bernie.
Thanks Najak. I'm glad I could make some useful suggestions.