Visual3D Game Engine Forums | Development Tool for 3D Games & Simulations with C#, .NET, VB, and XNA
Username: Password: Retrieve lost password

Members: 20,650 | Total Threads: 1,879 | Total Posts: 13,360   

Visual3D Game Engine Forums | Development Tool for 3D Games & Simulations with C#, .NET, VB, and XNA > User Community > Showcase » golf course

Showcase The place to show off your latest Screenshots, Art Assets, Videos, and Demos for projects based on Visual3D.NET.

Old 06-14-2010   #1
BF109Emil
Early Adopter

Default golf course

IS the golf course on the front page done with the new engine? i like how you can seamlessly zoom in to high detailed terrain. i assume your using LOD?

BF 109 Emil
BF109Emil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #2
Christian24
Realmware Ninja

Send a message via MSN to Christian24

Yes, this is done with our currently in production next beta. Well, of course we use LOD, but we also do use our splatting approach. It basically separates the texturing into multiple layers and then composes out of that the aerial view.
Old 06-15-2010   #3
BF109Emil
Early Adopter

What would be really good, is if you could start zoooomed right out (further than current), like god view then slowly zoom in close to terrain. to show how seamless it will zoom.

Bf 109 Emil
BF109Emil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010   #4
ToolmakerSteve
Administrator

Good suggestion, thanks.

The terrain [textures of this golf course] is not yet at its final texture quality and resolution; will post such a video in a couple of weeks, when the production-level quality is there.
ToolmakerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote